slideshow

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Abstract Dandylion Splashback

I've been so busy. It's very exciting. I was contact by a lovely lady who had been trawling the internet for months trying to find inspiration for the large splashback in her beloved new kitchen. She initially contacted me thinking a commission would be out of her budget, but happily I came up with a design for her which we were both very excited about.
The finish involved a mix of white gold, palladium leaf, 22 carat gold, silver and various shades of grey all backed up with a minky perlescent.
I contacted a new glass company to template the work, delivery it to my workshop and do the final fitting. The whole process went like a dream and everybody involved is really happy with the results.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That was the coolest backsplash design I have ever seen! I can't blame everyone for loving your craft. That's so amazing! It went well with the color scheme of your kitchen. I bet it could make cooking time fun and exciting!

    Mathew Bergeron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mathew. It was such an enjoyable project. This splashback took up the length of my dining room (I was working on it at home in and around other projects), but after 20+ years of scrubbing paint off my kitchen sink and regularly using my dining area as a studio I am moving my brushes out to a purpose built studio I'm building at the back of my house! I can't wait!!!

      Delete