slideshow

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sparklewren Boutique Opens

Emily Swift-Jones: Emily Swift-Jones: New commission
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151222158814418.558445.90918484417&type=1

so after a 4 hour drive in a very cramped car with three large gilded panels and a couple of 2m long gilded mirrors  I arrived in Birmingham to deliver and hang my precious cargo. It couldn't have been more humid...just what you want when you are up a ladder trying to hang large, heavy and fragile things onto mystery substrates, but they are all still hanging solidly and beautifully so it's a win.
Jenni was really excited to finally meet the pieces I'd made for her. I sent regular photos to show their progress, but didn't send final shots because I didn't want to spoil the surprise.
As is so often the case it proved really hard to get good shots of them because of the lighting and reflections so I have my fingers crossed that the lovely photographer from the Birmingham Mail has worked some magic with his enormous camera.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you once again for your wonderful work Emily! The Mail photographer took a boatload of images, so fingers crossed the one or two used will capture the backdrop for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenni,it was lovely to see your fine work up close. I like the fabric draped around the shop to divide it - very clever and atmospheric.
    Did the paper give you any idea when the story will run? I had a quick look on their website earlier.

    ReplyDelete